Big Hairy Audacious Goals

Friday, March 13, 2009

Sometimes we have to stretch ourselves a little. How often do we really stick out our own necks to perform? In an effort to both make the goal and publically declare it I am writing this post. On August 8th, 2008 I will run a half marathon here in Provo, Utah. The Provo River Trail ½ Marathon is an annual event along the Provo River in the canyon. Even though I’ve always been a runner this will be by far the longest race I’ve ever run. Up until now my morning runs consisted of 2-4 mile jogs and my longest competitive race was a 5K.

I’m pumped. I’m not excited about running 13.1 miles but rather I’m excited about doing something audacious. I’m pumped about bending my own limits and pushing it past the comfort zone. What I’m wondering is what each of you are going to do to stretch yourselves this year? What are you willing to publicly declare?

Here is a picture of the stretch of trail where I'll be running my race!

3 comments

Ami Paulsen said...

I publicly declare I will watch you race while eating a big mac and drinking a shake! Just kidding. I will watch you race though. So will Simon. I'm so proud of you. This is a big deal and I think it's great you're doing it. You are amazing!
I publicly declare to go to Disneyland!!!!!!!! (that's where you come in).

March 13, 2009 at 5:45 PM

You don't have to race 13+ miles to impress me. But I'm excited to cheer you on to any worthy goal. Hip Hip!

March 13, 2009 at 10:06 PM
Eric said...

I promise to stretch myself by ummmm - nevermind.

Good luck with your race!

March 14, 2009 at 9:11 PM