Harry Potter all wrapped up again

Monday, August 17, 2009

Last night I finished listening to all the Harry Potter books again. I think it is becoming a summer tradition of sorts but I'm far from sick of the story. I feel drawn in by a strong saga of good vs evil and the unlikely hero in Harry. Perhaps what I like most about Harry compared to other epic novels is our ability to see him grow up and mature from age 11 to 17. He grows and learns and while its sometimes even painful to read it remains inspiring.

I am going to publish a series of personal development articles on www.jacobspaulsen.com about principles from the books. I wrote the first one about a week ago and am hoping to publish the rest soon!

I would encourage anyone who hasn't read the Harry Potter books to begin immediatly. The book that has been translated into more languages than any other book in history (including the bible) must have something to offer everyone.

Jacob S Paulsen

2 comments

I've thought about a series of "articles" from Harry Potter themes as well. And I've seen a few books out there already. But the exercise is bound to be valuable in the doing, regardless of what may come from the reading of it.

August 17, 2009 at 2:28 PM
Ami Paulsen said...

I too finished Harry Potter last week. As always, I ended the series in tears. I'm not sure if this is because the ending is so incredibly powerful, if I'm depressed by some sad events toward the end, or if I'm so upset to be done with the series, I have to cry. I'm pretty sure it's all 3, but mostly the 3rd possibility. It's such an amazing series, I'm always sad when it ends. It's like leaving Disneyland. I still can't do it without crying at 26.

August 17, 2009 at 5:40 PM