Old Stomping Grounds

Saturday, August 22, 2009

This weekend we traveled to Rock Springs WY to visit family. Saturday night we decided to take a small trip down Jacob memory lane. We drove over to "my side" of town and went through my old neighborhood. As to my house (where I spent the first 18 years of my life) I'm glad to report that they have a huge garden... other than that they seem slightly trashy to me.
We drove all around the area and generally I would say the condition of things has improved. We stopped quickly at a small little park not far from the Civik Center where we would often play as kids. This was the only park within bike distance that didn't require crossing a major road and thus we were there a lot playing in the bushes and trees more than the playground equipment which has been replaced since. Just for good measure Ami and I hid a geocache at the park. We entered it online Saturday night around 11pm and by 12:04am someone who goes by Dr.Tom had already found it :) Here is the link to the geocache.

6 comments

Leaving a geocache in a spot made special by childhood memories seems a cool way to come "full circle." It's always mixed emotions to come "home," again.

August 23, 2009 at 3:41 PM
jamminjensen said...

Hey Jacob! I just wanted to leave a comment to let you know that your old stomping grounds are our new ones! We bought a house on Ridge! The girls LOVE O'Farrell Park...they actually call it the Rainbow park :) I only hope we make as many good memories as you have! I look foreward to finding your treasure at the park!~Britt

August 23, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Awesome, I'm sure you will have a lot of good times! Crazy how things work out.

August 23, 2009 at 8:13 PM
Newton 5 said...

Why didn't you head to veterans and see the big tank and airplane. That's what I would've done...oh, and the roller slide! Oh my goodness, that would've been fun. Almost makes me want to go back to RS...almost.

August 25, 2009 at 12:55 AM

We did go by Vetrans but there was a huge birthday party going on with lots of people.

August 25, 2009 at 12:58 PM
jamminjensen said...

The roller slide is gone!!! Sad right? The park is still really fun though! Oh and just a side note...Remember my mother! She totally went down the roller slide like 2 years ago!!! FUNNY!
~Britt

September 1, 2009 at 1:26 PM