Concealed Firearm Permits

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

So in case you can't read the graphic there has been a huge increase in people who are requesting the Utah Concealed Carry permit.
I think with big school shootings like Virginia Tech and the Trolley Square shooting a lot of people are begining to wonder about their
personal safety. In January of 2004 I got my concealed carry permit and I generally wouldn't advertise that I carry a gun around 24 hours per
day but since then in January 2007 I became a concealed carry instructor. In the last year plus I have taught over 120 people the class. The Utah concealed carry permit is very popular because it is the most widely accepted permit in the US being accepted in 33 states. I know that most people don't have any desire to carry a gun around on a regular basis but I strongly encourage the class and permit to anyone who owns a gun. Gun education is important and the legal ability to be able to do what you may have to do if you have to do it without breaking the law. So that is my little plug. My mini-blog commercial. Here is my site that deals more with the issue and has a schedule of when I'm teaching the class.

Jacob Paulsen
www.jacobspaulsen.com

2 comments

Katy said...

I am personally not a "guns in the house" kind of person... too many horror stories that would force me to worry about YET ANOTHER highly unlikely scenario (I have many meltdowns a day- it's not pretty). But I do appreciate your love of gun SAFETY. I think that with anything, respecting the boundaries are a huge deal.
Besides, why have a gun when you've got THESE??? (I just flexed my arms right now.. impressive, huh?)

May 28, 2008 at 5:30 PM
Ami Paulsen said...

Is that a picture of your bum?

May 29, 2008 at 6:55 PM