Back to the Center Line

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This week I am working hard to bring myself back to the center line. I am talking about a recurring pattern/principle that exists in life. It seems that when we set out to do something it doesn't take long before we are falling off track of hitting our goal. This is always true no matter what the end objective/goal is. It becomes necessary on occasion to re-align ourselves with our goals. The greater our tendency to fall away from the line the more often we need to re-align with it. This week I realized that I have come away from the center line of many of my goals. I have put a large white board up in my office with a list of my goals and other things I'm working on. This will hopefully help me come back to where I want to be. I figure that even the auto-pilot system on planes is nothing more than a constant re-aligning mechanism. We all need similar systems in place to help us come back to full focus.

On a side note I had my best day of golf so far today. I had 57 strokes in 9 holes which is sadly my very best so far. I didn't keep track my first time out, and since I've golfed 69 and 61 so I think it's fair to say I'm improving. Today on the 9th hole I asked a friend to video my stroke for all of you to see. That would have been great but he decided to make a really loud noise right during my swing and it totally threw me off:(

3 comments

Ami Paulsen said...

Here is a comment to brighten your day

June 27, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Yes, of course. Nice metaphor. Except I'm wondering about the golf thing...how does this current infatuation fit the goal list?

June 28, 2008 at 8:52 PM
Shannon said...

Looking forward into eternity always helps me realign my direction. Like walking on a balance beam, if you look down right where you're about to step you wobble and can't balance, but if you look up and forward to where you want to be you walk surely and steady.

June 28, 2008 at 11:11 PM